3566 Reading Rd.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45229
|Mon, Tue||noon–8 p.m.|
|Wed, Thu||noon–6 p.m.|
|Fri, Sat||10 a.m.–6 p.m.|
The Avondale Branch is on the corner of Reading Road (south of Dana Avenue) and Mann Place. The branch is served by Metro routes 43, 45, and 47.
The Avondale Branch is one of the nine area libraries in Hamilton County built with funds provided by the Andrew Carnegie Foundation. Designed by the architectural firm Garber and Woodward, the Spanish Colonial style structure features a Rookwood tile entry, decorative iron work, and a domed ceiling. A Rookwood drinking fountain was presented to the branch by the Avondale Improvement Association to mark its opening on March 1, 1913. It was placed on display to commemorate the Avondale Branch Accessibility Project on May 20, 2014. This $1.2-million renovation of the 100-year old Avondale Branch Library included building a new addition with a handicap accessible entrance, elevator, and two new restrooms.
A book return is available at the branch.
The Avondale Branch meeting room seats 50 people. Visit the meeting room webpage for additional information and a link to the online reservation form.