4830 Whetsel Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45227
|Mon, Tue||noon–8 p.m.|
|Wed, Thu||noon–6 p.m.|
|Fri, Sat||10 a.m.–6 p.m.|
The branch is located on Whetsel Avenue, approximately one block from the intersection of Madison Road and Whetsel. On street parking is available. The branch is served by Metro routes 11 and 12X.
Beginning in 1892, the “Free Reading Room” operated in the Madisonville Town Hall, along with the sheriff's office, jail, store rooms, auditorium, and, at one time, a Kroger grocery store. The village reading room was absorbed by the Cincinnati Public Library in 1902. In 1923, the cornerstone for a new building was laid on the site of the old Town Hall. Opened on February 13, 1925, the building is designed in the Renaissance Revival style. Copies of work by Italian sculptor Luca Della Robbia in polychrome enameled terra cotta decorate the interior walls.
A book return (mailbox) is available at the branch.
The Madisonville Branch meeting room seats 55 people. Visit the meeting room webpage for additional information and a link to the online reservation form.