4033 Gilmore Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45209
|Mon, Tue, Thu||noon–8 p.m.|
|Wed, Fri, Sat||10 a.m.–6 p.m.|
The branch is located on the corner of Madison Road and Gilmore, just east of Oakley Square. The entrance to the parking lot is on the Gilmore side of the building. The branch is served by Metro route 11.
Library service to the Oakley community began in 1910, when a deposit station opened in Barton’s Drug Store. A full-service branch opened in rented quarters near the 20th Century Theater in 1926. In 1940, a permanent branch library was established at the corner of Gilmore and Madison Road and served the community until 1986. Architect Bernard Fields designed a new 7,100 square foot facility, which was built on the same site, and dedicated in May of 1989. Design features include skylights and cathedral windows, which provide a bright, airy atmosphere.
The Oakley Branch is an ADA accessible facility and has a book return.
The Oakley Branch meeting room seats 35 people. Visit the meeting room webpage for additional information and a link to the online reservation form.