What You Get:
Free access to thousands of ebooks that can be read on your Kindle or with the Kindle app.
What You Need:
- Your library card
- A computer with Internet access and a Web browser of your choice.
- A registered Kindle device, the Kindle reading app, or the Kindle Cloud Reader.
What you do:
Step 2: Browse for titles using the menu at the top of the page, the rotating slideshows, or use the search box at the top of the page. You can also use “Advanced Search” to limit your search to specific file formats, subjects, or to only show titles with copies available.
Check for the book icon in the top right corner of the cover image. If a title isn’t available for checkout, the icon will be greyed out, and you'll need to place a hold on the book (you’ll be notified by email when the title is ready to be downloaded).
Step 3: Once you find an ebook you’d like to download, doublecheck the format to make sure it's a "Kindle Book." Click the “Borrow” button, enter your library card number, then select the "Go to Bookshelf" button.
Step 4: To complete the checkout process, select "Kindle book".
This will take you to Amazon's website. Select the "Get library book" button. If you aren't already logged into your Amazon account, you'll be asked to log in now. Choose the device you want the book delivered to, then click "continue." That's it!
Please note: You need an active Wi-Fi connection to deliver books wirelessly to your Kindle or Kindle app. Library books will not be delivered via your device’s 3G connection. It is also possible to download the book to your computer, then transfer it to the Kindle via USB. Due to publisher restrictions, some books must be transferred via USB.
- Visit Amazon's website for additional information about working with Kindle library books or select the “Help” link in the upper right-hand corner of the Downloadables homepage.
- Use the “Help” link at the top of the Downloadables homepage, then select "Support" to send questions via email.
- Contact the Virtual Information Center by phone: 513-369-6900.