Fifty Five+ · Caregiving Resources
Find reliable, up-to-the-minute information using our collection of books, databases and websites.
Newspaper & Magazine Articles
Hundreds of articles from well-known magazines and newspapers about caring for older people are available to you through our research databases. We’ve already set up a couple of sample searches—all you have to do is click on the link and enter your library card number and PIN.
Search for more articles in one of our other research databases.
Websites & Blogs
- AARP - Caregiving. Offers information, resources, and articles on caregiving.
- Caring for Aging Parents: The New Old Age Blog. A New York Times resource for baby boomers who are struggling to cope with the challenges of eldercare.
- AssistedLivingFacilities.org. Detailed information on facilities in the Cincinnati area. Also includes articles on related topics ("How to Select An Assisted Living Facility,""Moving Into an Assisted Living Facility," etc.), and a directory of state licensing organizations.
- Eldercare Locator. Eldercare Locator is your first step for finding local agencies to help older persons and their families access home and community-based services like transportation, meals, home care, and caregiver support services. Provided as a public service of the U.S. Administration on Aging.
- Family Caregiver Alliance. Serves as a central source of information on caregiving, long-term care issues, and legal issues involved with aging.
- Mobility Devices. The British Columbia Institute of Technology provides information for seniors and their families about mobility devices. Includes publications, frequently asked questions, tips, and articles on assistive technology and aids. Also offers a guide for baby boomers to talk to their parents about mobility.
- The Wright Stuff. Everything you need to make your physically challenged life easier to handle. Includes comprehensive listing of tools, appliances, equipment, rehabilitation devices, and unique health care products.
You’ll find more related websites in Sites by Subject, a directory of websites maintained by library staff.
- Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio - Caregiver Support and Education. Provides links for information and resources for caregiving including adult day services, home care services, transportation, and grandparenting.
- Ohio Association of Area Agencies on Aging. A statewide network of agencies that provides services for the elderly and advocates on behalf of older Ohioans.
- Ohio Department of Aging. State site for the delivery of services and support for older Ohioans, adults with disabilities, and families and their caregivers. Information on long-term care, Golden Buckeye program, PASSPORT program, area agencies on aging, long-term care ombudsman programs, senior centers, assisted living, and other related topics.
There is a growing variety of books in our collection about caregiving. Here’ a sample:
To find more titles, try searching our catalog with one of these subject headings:
Still Need Help?
The Ask a Librarian page lists all the different ways you can get assistance!