Fifty Five+ · Health & Wellness Resources
Find reliable, up-to-the-minute information on matters of health and wellness using our collection of books, databases and websites.
You’ll need your library card number and PIN to access these subscription databases from home.
- Consumer Health Complete. Full text journals, magazines, and reference books dealing with health, wellness, fitness, and nutrition - coverage includes a focus on the complementary, holistic and integrated approaches to health and wellness.
- NetWellness. A nonprofit consumer health resource that draws upon information created and evaluated by health care professionals at the University of Cincinnati, Ohio State University, and Case Western Reserve University medical centers.
- Medline. Authoritative information on clinical medicine, dentistry, education, experimental medicine, nursing, nutrition, pathology, psychiatry, and toxicology. Created and maintained by the National Library of Medicine.
- NIH Senior Health. Health and wellness information for older adults from the National Institutes of Health.
- AARP Health News. Information about diseases, healthcare reform, doctors and hospitals, alternative medicine, longevity, etc.
- Fifty Plus Fitness at Home. Tips and recommendations for setting up a home exercise program.
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid. Information about diseases, health resources, and recent developments in anti-aging medicine. Provides an online desk reference, bookstore, and a free newsletter.
- Ohio Department of Insurance. Free health insurance information and services for people on Medicare.
You'll find more health and wellness-related websites in Sites by Subject and Government Resources, directories of websites maintained by library staff.
Recommended Reading & Viewing
There are loads of books and videos in our collection about a wide range of health-related issues. Here are some titles to get you started:
To find more titles, try searching our catalog with one of these subject headings:
Still Need Help?
The Ask a Librarian page lists all the different ways you can get assistance!