Second Floor–South Building
Manager: Bill Hyden
|Mon–Wed||9 a.m.–9 p.m.|
|Thu–Sat||9 a.m.–6 p.m.|
|Sun||1 p.m.–5 p.m.|
About the Department
The TechCenter is the place to go to accomplish a majority of your computer-related tasks! Use one of our 100 computers to learn to type, get a free email account, write a resume, search for jobs online, download and listen to music, build your first Web page, edit a home movie, and much more. TechCenter staff is ready to assist both new computer users and experienced pros with their endeavors. Visit us today!
- Productivity: Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 8
- Photo Editing and Graphic Design: GIMP, Adobe CS3 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Web Design: Kompozer
- Scanning: Epson Scan, ABBYY (OCR)
- Audio Recording, Editing, and Mixing: Audacity
- Audio and Video Playback: Windows Media Player
- Video Editing: Windows Movie Maker
- Accessibility: ZoomText Magnifier
Interested in sharpening up your computer skills or learning some new ones? The TechCenter offers over 20 programs every month that cover computer and Internet basics, word processing, social networking, Web design, and much more.
- Computers for Beginners Part 1
- Computers for Beginners Part 2
- Internet for Beginners Part 1
- Internet for Beginners Part 2
- Learning Express Library offers a wide variety of interactive computer classes (Complete Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe CS3, Windows, and Mac OSX). Videos and screencasts make learning easy while quizzes help assess your progress. Free with your library card.
- Universal Class offers more than 500 classes on many topics. These classes are instructed by real teachers who guide your learning and provide feedback on your work. Learn about Microsoft Office, Web Design, Computer Basics, Business Applications, and more! Free with your library card.
How did it go? Please complete this brief survey after you take one of our classes. It is anonymous and will help us develop better classes for you!