Second Floor–South Building
Manager: Bill Hyden
Hours of Service
9 a.m.–9 p.m.
9 a.m.–6 p.m.
1 p.m.–5 p.m.
About the Department
The TechCenter is the place to go to accomplish a majority of your computer-related tasks! Use one of our 100 computers to learn to type, get a free email account, write a resume, search for jobs online, download and listen to music, build your first Web page, edit a home movie, and much more. TechCenter staff is ready to assist both new computer users and experienced pros with their endeavors. Visit us today!
- Productivity: Microsoft Office 2007 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 8
- Photo Editing and Graphic Design: GIMP, Adobe CS3 (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Web Design: Kompozer
- Scanning: Epson Scan, ABBYY (OCR)
- Audio Recording, Editing, and Mixing: Audacity
- Audio and Video Playback: Windows Media Player
- Video Editing: Windows Movie Maker
- Accessibility: ZoomText Magnifier
A MakerBot 5th Generation Replicator 3D printer is now available in the TechCenter. The printer, which uses plastic filament to build objects layer by layer, can print a cell phone protective case, model airplane, or just about any object that can be designed.
Individuals can custom design objects using 3D modeling software, or visit websites, such as Thingiverse, which provide design-ready objects for printing. Customers can simply save the custom or selected design on a flash drive, bring it to the Main Library and talk to a TechCenter staff member for printing assistance.
Customers may reserve the 3D printer for one 60-minute session per day. The cost for 3D printing will be associated with the weight of the object printed at $.10 per gram.
Interested in sharpening up your computer skills or learning some new ones? The TechCenter offers over 20 programs every month that cover computer and Internet basics, word processing, social networking, Web design, and much more.
View our calendar and register for classes online!
- Learning Express Library offers a wide variety of interactive computer classes (Complete Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe CS3, Windows, and Mac OSX). Videos and screencasts make learning easy while quizzes help assess your progress. Free with your library card.
- Universal Class offers more than 500 classes on many topics. These classes are instructed by real teachers who guide your learning and provide feedback on your work. Learn about Microsoft Office, Web Design, Computer Basics, Business Applications, and more! Free with your library card.
How did it go? Please complete this brief survey after you take one of our classes. It is anonymous and will help us develop better classes for you!