Sharpen up your computer skills or learn some new ones with one of the TechCenter’s classes!
- Computers 101. For first time computer users. Learn the skills you'll need to get started using a computer, such as using the mouse and keyboard, the difference between hardware and software, etc.
- Computers 102. For users who are comfortable with the mouse and keyboard, this class will explore more functions on the computer. Learn important skills like how to open files and programs, how to copy and paste data, how to use folders and move files, and more.
- Intro to the Internet. Learn the basics of browsers, search engines, and online safety so you can explore the World Wide Web.
- Introduction to the Internet Part II. This class will cover topics such as the importance of creating a secure user name and password for online services, website navigation, uploading and downloading files, and more.
- Your First Email. This class will take you through the process of signing up for a free email account as well as basic instructions on how to send and receive messages.
- Email: The Next Step. In this class you will find out how to attach and download files, manage folders, and more. Participants should have an email address already.
- Word Processing Basics. Learn the basics of word processing such as typing skills, changing font sizes, working with margins and indentations, copying & pasting, etc.
- Word Processing: The Next Step. For users who know the basics of word processing. This class will delve into formatting, templates, inserting graphics, and adding headers and footers in a word document.
- Social Networking Basics: Why Everyone’s Twittering About Getting Linked In. Learn how to link up with friends from high school or the new friend you met the other day through social networks.
- Excelling @ Excel. Learn the basics of the popular spreadsheet program Microsoft Excel 2007 in this introductory class.
- PowerPoint Basics. This introductory class covers the basics of the popular presentation program Microsoft PowerPoint 2007.
Open Lab Times
Need some help with a project? TechCenter staff host open lab times on each of the following topics:
- Applying for Jobs Online
- Resume Building
- Typing Basics
- Word Processing
Call 513-369-6900 for times.
Tech Spotlight Sessions
The TechCenter presents information on a new program or website each Friday at 3:30 p.m.. Past topics have included Myspace, Twitter, flash drives, blogging, digital cameras, and MP3 players. Call 513-369-6900 to see what’s coming up next!
Registration is required for the monthly classes. To register, please call 513-369-6900 or visit the TechCenter. Open Labs and Tech Spotlights do not require registration and are handled on a first-come, first-served basis.
All classes are held in the Computer Training Room on the first floor of the Main Library's North building (behind Homework Central).