Photographers of all skill levels are invited to participate in the second annual Frame Cincinnati, a week long digital photography contest hosted by the TechCenter! The theme this year is Motion. This event will take place August 27-September 3, 2011.
This is an online-only event.
- No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win. Only participants of 18 years of age or older will be accepted. Library employess are not eligible.
- Each participant may only submit one photo to be judged. Make it a good one!
- The photo must be submitted by the original photographer. Do not submit a photo that you did not take yourself.
- Photos must be taken inside the 275 loop (Kentucky and Indiana included). There is a border map available.
- Photos may be of any subject but must fit your interpretation of the theme of Motion
- No watermarks, copyright notices, or signatures may be included. All photos will be displayed with the photographer's name. To ensure that you have an amount of control over your work, the quality of each image will be reduced for display online.
- Use of editing software is permitted.
- Only digital photos taken during the week of the event will be accepted. They must be in jpeg format and less than 5MBs in size. If you do not have access to a digital camera, you may develop film photographs and scan them in the TechCenter (Main Library).
- HDR, Color, or B&W is acceptable.
- Use your best judgement. Photos with inappropriate content will not be accepted.
- All participants' photos will be displayed on the library's Flickr page, but each photographer will retain copyright.
- Our panel of judges from The Photography Club of Greater Cincinnati will select 1 winning photograph and 3 runners up to be displayed at Main and on our Web site! In addition, the winning photographs will be archived in our Virtual Library.
- Photos must be submitted no later than 6:00 p.m., Saturday, September 3th. The submission form is available online.
Digital Photography Basics
Join us for an informative program given by Jerry Fritsch of the Photography Club of Greater Cincinnati. The program will cover techniques that can help you take better pictures. It will cover artistic elements such as composition, technical elements such as sharpness, and how to evoke emotion in your images. The program is geared towards the novice to intermediate photographer so it is a great opportunity for students in photography classes, looking to improve their skills.
Saturday, August 27
Main Library - Room 3A