On August 1, an exciting new Library catalog will make its debut! Here are some of the great features you can look forward to on August 1:
- Smarter keyword search technology that makes it easy to find exactly what you're looking for
- Refinement "facets" that can be used to expand or narrow your search and browse for related items
- Spelling correction (did you mean…) to help you find what you’re looking for even if you misspell a word
- Colorful icons that easily identify the title's format
- “Preferred search” feature will allow you to be notified when a new item is added to our catalog that matches your search
- New sharing features: add tags, reviews, comments, and ratings to books, movies, and music
- Carts allow you to place holds on multiple items at once
- "Reading History" feature to keep track of all the material you've checked out in the past
For a brief time, while we switch from our old catalog to our new one, service will be affected in a variety of ways.
From July 29 through July 31, you will be able to:
- Check out materials
- Pick up holds
- Ask staff for reading recommendations
- Ask staff reference questions
- Download ebooks, music, and audiobooks from our website
- Sign up for a new library card
- Access our catalog and website
From July 29 through July 31, you will not be able to:
- Access your account
- Place holds
- Renew material
- Pay fines
- Print out a list of items currently checked out on your card
- Update your account
- Use the self-check machines
A few other important notes:
- All your checkouts and holds will be transferred over to the new catalog; however “Permanent Lists” cannot be transferred. To avoid losing your list, you must log in to the catalog before July 29 and either email the list to yourself or print it out.
- From July 25 through July 31, new material (including new movies scheduled to be released on July 31), will not be added to the catalog. We'll start adding new material to the catalog on August 1.
- The “My Account” features in our CincinnatiLibrary Mobile app will be unavailable from July 29 through August 2.
- The New Arrivals RSS feeds will be temporarily unavailable, effective August 1.
- The August 2 issue of "New for You" will be suspended. Delivery is tentatively scheduled to resume with the August 9 issue.
All library agencies will be open their regular hours during the brief transition to our new catalog. Please don't hesitate to contact your local branch, call (513-369-6900), or email us if you have any questions or need assistance.
If you're interested in picking up some tips and tricks for using our new catalog, make plans to attend one of the "Meet Our Catalog" programs that will be held throughout the library system in August.
Thank you for your patience! Although we hate to inconvenience our customers, even for a limited time, we are very excited about this wonderful new resource that will make it easier that ever to access all the fantastic resources in our collection!