Between January 1 and February 29, the Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County is looking to discover new and talented poets from the Cincinnati Region. Adults, ages 18 and up, are invited to enter the Library’s first annual Poetry Contest!
- Entries must be received between January 1, 2012 and February 29, 2012
- Each poet may submit no more than one poem
- Poems must be unpublished and original content
- Poems must be suitable for a general audience
- Poems should be no longer than one 8.5 x 11 page in length and must be typed
The entries will be judged in March by a committee comprised of professional poets and literary professionals. Judging will be anonymous and the judges’ decisions are final. Up to four winners will have their poem published on our website in April and will be given the opportunity to read at the Main Library’s Poetry in the Garden series, which is held Tuesday evenings in April.
Entries can be submitted via email or by mail to:
The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County
Attn: Programs Office
800 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Along with your submission, please include your name, address, telephone number and email address (if applicable).
The Library is not responsible for entries that were not received. By entering this contest, you give the Library permission to publish your name and poem, should your entry win.
Co-sponsored by Grailville Retreat & Program Center