Whether you’re into anime or zombies, Superman or Star Wars, comic book fans won’t want to miss the Main Library’s first Comic Con on Sunday, May 5 from 1:00-5:00 p.m.
This four-hour program will feature a panel discussion with writers and illustrators working in the field, free comic books (in celebration of Free Comic Book Day), a comic book swap, artist and writer’s booths, the opportunity to take pictures with your favorite comic book/movie characters (Stormtroopers, Mandalorian Mercs, X-Men characters and more!), and the Comic Con Drawing Contest award ceremony.
When: 1:00-5:00 p.m., May 5
Where: Atrium, Main Library
This program is for all ages.
- Moderator Jeff Seuss (Local author: Animaniacs (no. 46), winner of the Strange New Worlds writing competition, short stories in Strange New Worlds IV, Mon Coeur Mort, and Torn Realities)
- David Michael Beck (Local illustrator: Star Wars, Jonah Hex, Justice League of America, etc.)
- Chris Charlton (owner of Assailant Comics and the writer of Binary Gray)
- Tim Fuller (Local illustrator: Hooha Comics, Twelve-Way with Cheese, and Zombie Marge web comic, a finalist for the 2012 S.P.A.C.E. award for best webcomic)
- Ken Henson (Local artist and a professor at the Art Academy of Cincinnati. His credits include Splendid-Lite and Splendid-Darke)
- Mike Maydak (Local illustrator: The Blackbeard Legacy and 1782: the Year of Blood)
- Tony Moore (Local illustrator: The Walking Dead, Deadpool, Battle Pope, etc.)
- Carol Tyler (Local artist, writer, and professor. She is the recipient of an Eisner award and her latest graphic novel, You’ll Never Know: Soldier’s Heart, made TIME.com’s “cosmic comics” list. Her credits include A Graphic Memoir, Drawn & Quarterly, Late Bloomer, You’ll Never Know, etc.)
- Brian Williams (Local creator and writer at Raven Hammer Comics. Credits include Lucius Hammer)
And while you're downtown, make plans to stop by the Library Friends Gift Shop and browse through their fabulous selection of superhero themed merchandise!
Related Titles in the Library's Collection
- Late Bloomer and You'll Never Know: A Graphic Memoir by Carol Tyler
- Newave!: The Underground Mini Comix of the 1980’s by Michel Dowers
- Swords for Hire: Two of the Most Unlikely Heroes You’ll Ever Meet by Will Allen
- Twelve-way with Cheese by Zombie Marge Comix Group
- Walking Dead (v. 1: Days Gone Bye) by Robert Kirkman
- The Web at Dragonfly Pond by Brian “Fox” Ellis