Whether you’re into anime or zombies, Superman or Star Wars, comic book fans won’t want to miss the Main Library’s first Comic Con on Sunday, May 5 from 1:00-5:00 p.m.
This four-hour program will feature a panel discussion with writers and illustrators working in the field, free comic books (in celebration of Free Comic Book Day), a comic book swap, artist and writer’s booths, the opportunity to take pictures with your favorite comic book/movie characters (Stormtroopers, Mandalorian Mercs, X-Men characters and more!), and the Comic Con Drawing Contest award ceremony.
When: 1:00-5:00 p.m., May 5
Where: Atrium, Main Library
This program is for all ages.
Image copyright Hasbro
- Moderator Jeff Seuss (Local author: Animaniacs (no. 46), winner of the Strange New Worlds writing competition, short stories in Strange New Worlds IV, Mon Coeur Mort, and Torn Realities)
- David Michael Beck (Local illustrator: Star Wars, Jonah Hex, Justice League of America, etc.)
- Chris Charlton (owner of Assailant Comics and the writer of Binary Gray)
- Tim Fuller (Local illustrator: Hooha Comics, Twelve-Way with Cheese, and Zombie Marge web comic, a finalist for the 2012 S.P.A.C.E. award for best webcomic)
- Ken Henson (Local artist and a professor at the Art Academy of Cincinnati. His credits include Splendid-Lite and Splendid-Darke)
- Mike Maydak (Local illustrator: The Blackbeard Legacy and 1782: the Year of Blood)
- Tony Moore (Local illustrator: The Walking Dead, Deadpool, Battle Pope, etc.)
- Carol Tyler (Local artist, writer, and professor. She is the recipient of an Eisner award and her latest graphic novel, You’ll Never Know: Soldier’s Heart, made TIME.com’s “cosmic comics” list. Her credits include A Graphic Memoir, Drawn & Quarterly, Late Bloomer, You’ll Never Know, etc.)
- Brian Williams (Local creator and writer at Raven Hammer Comics. Credits include Lucius Hammer)
And while you're downtown, make plans to stop by the Library Friends Gift Shop and browse through their fabulous selection of superhero themed merchandise!
You'll Never Know: A Graphic Memoir by Carol Tyler
Related Titles in the Library's Collection
Support for Comic Con provided by the Friends of the Public Library and Arcadian Comics & Games.