The Public Library of Cincinnati and Hamilton County is pleased to announce its
participation in FotoFocus Cincinnati, a month-long biennial
celebration spotlighting independently programmed exhibitions of historical and
contemporary photography and lens-based art, which will be held in October,
To celebrate, we are going
to showcase works from the region’s best photographers. Between June 1 and July 31, photographers
can enter our photography competition and the best submissions will be displayed
in the Atrium of the Main Library in September and October. Submissions will be accepted in two
categories: Student (high school and college) and Adult.
Winners will be notified in
Co-sponsored by the Photography Club of Greater Cincinnati and the Friends of the Public Library.
- No purchase or payment necessary to win. Participants can enter in one of two categories: Student (high school or college) and Adult.
- Participants may only submit one photo to be judged.
- The photo must be submitted by the original photographer.
- Photos may be of any subject, but must be taken inside the 275 loop (Kentucky and Indiana included).
- No watermarks, copyright notices, or signatures may be included. All winning photos will be displayed with the photographer's name.
- Use of editing software is permitted.
- Photos must be in jpeg format with a resolution of at least 300dpi and less than 10 MBs and 8”x12” or smaller in size.
- Color or B&W is acceptable.
- Content of photos must be suitable for exhibition in a public area. Photos with
inappropriate content will not be considered.
- Photos must be submitted by 5pm on July 31 using the online submission form.
- Winning entries will be exhibited in the Atrium of the Main Library in September and October, 2014.
- Due to a high volume of entries, The Library is not able to provide updates on the status of entries.
Entries that are not in compliance with these rules are subject to disqualification.
Photographers retain all the rights to their images. By entering, the photographer permits The Library to print the image for display at The Library, and also permits The Library to include the image for publication in marketing materials.
To submit a photo, first type the characters you see in the picture below, then click the Next button.