Research & Homework
- Research Databases
- Use our collection of databases to locate information on a broad range of subjects from magazines, newspapers, encyclopedias, and books.
- Sites by Subject
- Thousands of websites that have been carefully evaluated by subject specialists on our staff.
- Cincinnati and the Tristate
- Comprehensive directory of websites about the Greater Cincinnati area.
- Government Resources
- Locate government information with websites that have been selected and reviewed by our librarians.
- Homework HelpNow
- Students (K-Adult) can get live online homework help, skills building, writing assistance, test prep help, and more from expert tutors. If you haven’t used the service before, please read through the Homework HelpNow FAQs.
- Homework Central
- Hamilton County primary and secondary students can receive homework assistance—in person, by phone, email, and the Internet—in an environment conducive to study and learning. Homework Central is located in the Main Library.
- Homework Help – Branch Programs
- The Library provides free homework help to students K-8 at a number of branch libraries.
- Use this online reference service to chat with a librarian. The service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Learn more about KnowItNow.
- Magazines and Newspapers Collection
- A directory of current magazine and newspaper titles in the Library’s collection.
- PC Reservation
- Use our online form to reserve a computer in the Main Library or one of our branches.
- Veterans History Project
- Access a database of recorded interviews of local veterans, documentary materials (photographs, diaries, letters, etc.), and streaming videos of selected interviews.
- Access Cincinnati Initiative
- Search our catalog for a growing number of records for area Web sites and locally significant documents available over the Web.
- Our index to local newspaper articles. The Kenton County Library maintains a similar index for local stories in Northern Kentucky newspapers.
- Cincinnati Inventors Database
- Index of patents issued to Cincinnati and Hamilton County Ohio Inventors from 1814 through 1873.
- Online Word Processing Resources
- Free resources for basic word processing. (Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint—is available at the Main Library and all branches.)
- Web Tools
- A selection of resources to make it easier for you to navigate the Web.
- Spotlight On…