- Mango Languages
- Become conversationally proficient in over 30 different foreign languages by listening to real-life situations and actual conversations. Mango also offers ESL courses for over a dozen languages.
- Oxford English Dictionary Online
- Definitive source of information about the meaning, history, and pronunciation of the English language over the last millennium. Dictionary entries contain definitions, detailed etymological analysis, and are illustrated with quotations from a wide range of English language sources.
- Signing Savvy
- Unique online resource and reference tool designed to help you increase your vocabulary or improve your everyday American Sign Language signing skills.
- The American-British British-American Dictionary
- Translate words and phrases in English from both sides of the Atlantic.
- The American Sign Language Browser
- Animated images illustrate gestures for thousands of ASL words and phrases (Quicktime required).
- Babelfish (translator)
- The "Babelfish" translation system translates English, French, German, Portuguese, Spanish, and Italian and several other languages(best for translating words and not concepts, phrases or sentences).
- Citation Styles Handbook: APA
- Bibliographical formatting rules for the American Psychological Association (APA) citation style.
- Citation Styles Handbook: MLA
- Bibliographical formatting rules for the Modern Language Association (MLA) citation style.
- dict.cc: English - German Dictionary
- An online English-German dictionary which invites contributions from users
- Forest of Rhetoric
- Guide to the terms of classical and renaissance rhetoric.
- The Grammar Handbook
- The Writer's Workshop of the University of Illinois maintains this site which explains and illustrates basic grammatical rules concerning parts of speech, sentences, elements, clauses, phrases, and common problems of usage.
- Style Manuals and Citation Guides
- List of all-purpose style manuals, specialized manuals, bibliographies of style manuals, and several guides to term paper writing and manuscript preparation.
- Wilton’s Word & Phrase Origins
- A list containing the origins of over 300 colorful and/or colloquial words and phrases.
- Writing Tips
- Advice on various elements of the writing process. From the Writers' Workshop at the University of Illinois.
On this Page