- National Center for Education Statistics
- The federal agency for collecting and analyzing data related to education in the United States and other nations. The site contains useful information for the general public, educational, and business organizations. Find information on all public elementary/secondary schools in the United States, including a college search link providing information on 3,800 colleges.
- National LINCS
- A gateway to the world of adult education and literacy resources on the Internet.
- Ohio Ready to Read
- Early childhood literacy resources and information for parents, teachers, librarians and advocates from Ready to Read, a program of the State Library of Ohio and the Ohio Library Council.
Adult Basic and Secondary Education
- Eureka Agora
- An online "marketplace" of resources for teaching adults, including lesson plans, strategies and ideas for using trade books.
- Gateway Adult Education
- Free GED and adult basic education services for Kenton County.
- Learning Resources
- Current and past CNN San Francisco bureau news stories for adult literacy students. The learner can choose to read the text, listen to the text, or view a short video clip of the story. Modules incorporate comprehension activities for each story.
- Literacy Network of Greater Cincinnati
- Home page of the Literacy Network of Greater Cincinnati, the contact center for adult education programs in the Cincinnati area.
- Basic information for literacy teachers, including instructional resources and GED links. Free registration required.
- Ohio Literacy Resource Center
- Statewide news about literacy programs, with a searchable directory of Ohio adult education programs.
English as a Second Language
- Activities for ESL Students
- This site is a project of the International TESL Journal and has many quizzes, exercises and puzzles to help learn English. Bilingual quizzes are available in 29 languages.
- National adult English as a second language resource center.
- Dave’s ESL Café on the Web
- This site includes a discussion center, idiom page, quote page, job center, quiz center, idea page, and additional links. An excellent resource for teachers and students.
- E.L. Easton Materials for Teaching and Learning English
- This site offers links to numerous sources on the web that ESL teachers can use to support their instruction, including information and resources for teaching ESL and business English, history, reading, speaking, writing, etc. There are also links to resources such as song lyrics, maps, calendars, and newspapers.
- English as a Second Language
- A good starting point for ESL learners who want to learn English through the web. Categories include reading, listening, writing, grammar, pronunciation, lesson plans, and games.
- Internet Picture Dictionary
- Picture dictionary with interactive instruction for ESL students and English language learners. Flash cards, spelling and word scramble activities in English, French, German, Italian or Spanish.
- The Internet TESL Journal
- A useful site for ESL teachers and students. This comprehensive site contains articles, lesson plans, and teaching ideas, in addition to a very large collection of interactive self-study quizzes.
- Kenton County English as a Second Language
- Free adult ESL courses for Kenton County.
- LINCS Adult ESL Special Collection
- A collection of materials and web-based resources about teaching English to adults.
- A fun site for students of English as a Second Language that provides users with lots of word games, puzzles, and additional vocabulary resources and quizzes to assist them in learning English.
- Purdue University’s English as a Second Language
- Many different materials for English as a Second Language students and teachers including resource pages, printable handouts and exercises.
- The official web site for Test of English as a Foreign Language programs and services.
- Gateway to electronic resources and tools for the national and international youth and adult literacy communities.
- National Center for Families Learning
- Supports family literacy services through programming, training, research, advocacy and dissemination.
- National Children's Literacy Website
- Site with many tips for promoting childhood literacy.
- Reading is Fundamental
- Reading Is Fundamental develops and delivers children's and family literacy programs that help prepare young children for reading and motivate school-age children to read regularly.
- Reading Rockets
- Activities centered around paired fiction and nonfiction books to help new and struggling readers.
- Free online practice tests for computer, professional, and educational exams, including the GED, ACT, SAT, and GMAT.
- ACE GED Testing Service
- The American Council on Education offers information on the GED. Preparation, sample questions, test sites, and more are covered.
- LD OnLine
- This site offers information on learning disabilities, teaching strategies, book reviews and bulletin boards where you can discuss issues with teachers, parents and other professionals in the LD field.
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- This site contains information for parents, advocates and persons with learning disabilities as well as a Resource Locator to search for services in your state.
Ohio Achievement Tests
- Sites by Subject · Education · Ohio Achievement Tests
On this Page