- Sites by Subject · Research Databases · Business & Finance
Banking, Credit, and Debt
- Shop for the best bank rates nationwide with this site. Covers money markets, 1 & 5-Year CDs, 15 & 30-Yr Fixed Mortgages ,1 Year ARM, Home Equity Line, Auto Loan.
- This site from the National Foundation for Credit Counseling advises consumers on the wise use of credit and to help those with debt problem to find appropriate counseling.
- Free Annual Credit Report
- This site helps consumers obtain a free annual credit report from each of the major credit reporting agencies, as is now allowed by recent Federal law.
- Truth About Credit & Debt
- This quiz on the Kiplinger Magazine site supplies information on various aspects of credit.
- Interactive Currency Table
- Allows you to display a historical currency conversion table for various currencies for any date from January 1, 1995 to the present.
- OANDA Currency Converter
- This excellent converter allows you to convert any amount of numerous currencies using either current or historical currency quotes (1991 to present).
- Yahoo! Finance · Currency Conversion
- Yahoo's own currency converter along with links to numerous others on the web.
- About: Business Insurance
- This site provides a basic overview of different types of business insurance.
- American Association of Retired Persons
- AARP's site includes information on insurance for older adults.
- Insurance Information Institute
- This site provides a basic informative overview of the different types of insurance needed by consumer -- auto, home, health.
- Insurance quotes and facts.
- Search for term life insurance quotes via this site.
- Yahoo Finance: Insurance
- Yahoo gives a variety of links to insurance education, advice, and rate quotes.
- Investment FAQ
- This extensive online encyclopedia of investment and personal finance topics is informative and useful to both new and experienced investors.
- An excellent comprehensive glossary of investment terms.
- Kiplinger Online
- Timely information about money management issues.
- The Motley Fool
- A popular and very thorough investment resource for small investors.
- MSN Money
- Finance and investment news.
- Smart Money
- Investment advice from a Wall Street Journal site.
- Bank of America Financial Tools
- A wide range of interactive planning tools that center on relevant and common issues in personal finance.
- Consumer Almanac
- The Federal Citizen Information Center offers specific tools and advice on organizing and managing household finances, savings, and credit, as well as encouraging long-term goals and planning.
- iVillage Money
- Site designed to be a valuable source of information on personal finance for women in relationships.
- OhioHeretoHelp.com: Money Assistance
- Resources on topics such as bankruptcy, foreclosure, healthcare fraud, credit reports, energy assistance, etc.
- Practical Money Skills for Life
- With divisions for teachers, students, parents, and consumers, this site offers easy and clear financial guides for both basic money management and for life events such as new baby, buying a home, marriage, divorce, retirement. Teachers and parents can find detailed advice on teaching children about money.
- 401(k) Plans
- Information on the 401(k) from Wikipedia.
- AARP - Retirement
- Find articles, advice, and resources to help make retirement planning decisions.
- Describes different types of annuities and how they work. Produced by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Connects citizens to government benefit program eligibility. Includes information about programs for the elderly, veterans, and low-income citizens.
- InvestorGuide.com · Retirement and Estate Planning
- A valuable set of links to sites on various issues of retirement/estate planning.
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
- A federal corporation established under Employee Retirement Income Security Act which insures the vested benefits of pension plan participants.
- Savings Fitness: A Guide to Your Money and Your Financial Future
- Create your personal savings plan and prepare for retirement with this step-by-step guide. Produced by MetLife Consumer Education Center for the Federal Citizen Information Center.
- Social Security and Pensions
- Congressional Budget Office publications on social security and pension matters.
- Social Security Handbook Online
- The Social Security Administration's official guide to current Social Security benefits.
- Social Security Online
- Includes information on disability, employment support for people with disabilities, Medicare, forms, rules & regulations, FAQs, and publications.
- Social Security Online for State and Local Government Employers
- Information on special Social Security coverage provisions for public employees.
- What You Should Know About Your Retirement Plan
- Information from the Employee Benefits Security Administration that covers different types of retirement plans, when and how to receive benefits, monitoring your plan, and changes that affect your retirement benefit.
- Big Charts
- Includes historical stock quotes (high, low, and closing prices) back to 1985.
- Dow Jones Historical Averages
- Historical quotes for the Dow Jones Industrial Average from May 26, 1896 to the present.
- Yahoo! Finance
- Includes quotes, links, and symbol look-up.
On this Page