- This site run by pediatrician William and his wife Martha Sears, a Registered Nurse, answers an array of parenting questions.
- Child Care Facilities
- Search for child care facilities by location, type of facility, and by ages of children who need care. Information about facility licensing status,accreditation/affiliation, and the findings of licensing inspections is also available. From the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
- Children Now
- An independent, non-partisan research and action organization devoting to improving the lives of children.
- Kids Health for Parents
- Provides accurate, up-to-date, and jargon-free health information with in-depth features, articles, animations, games, and resources.
- Lists quality websites produced by commercial, governmental, professional, and childcare organizations.
- Offers parents information and advice on everything from family issues and consumer toy-buying tips to recipes, crafts, and games.
- The TV Parental Guidelines
- Information to assist parents in choosing age-appropriate television programs.
- Adoption Photolisting Sites
- Links to national, state and international photolisting sites.
- Adoption links of interest to birth mothers, adoptees, parents, and professionals.
- The American Adoption Congress
- An organization devoted to keeping adoption a safe and legal enterprise.
- Child Welfare Information Gateway
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
- International Soundex Reunion Registry (ISRR)
- A no-fee matching service for birth parents and adoptees.
- National Library of Medicine: Adoption
- Provides a neatly arranged page of links to information on various aspects of adoption.
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau
- This website, funded by several federal agencies, provides access to an online catalog of publications and some full-text publications on the health and well-being of children.
- The Whole Child
- The Whole Child extends the information presented in PBS's 13-part child development video series and contains important information about the physical, emotional, social, creative and cognitive development of children.
- ALA Cool Sites for Kids
- American Library Association's sites, plus links to popular authors and series pages.
- ALSC chapter of the ALA
- American Library Association's Association of Library Service to Children web page listing links to children's literature award sites.
- Buckeye Children’s Book Award
- A listing of books that have been awarded the Ohio Buckeye Children's Book Award.
- Center for the Book - Kids
- Reading resources for kids from the Library of Congress.
- Center for the Book - Teens
- Reading resources for teens from the Library of Congress.
- Children’s Book Council
- A site for authors, booksellers, librarians, parents, publishers, and teachers.
- Database of Award-Winning Children’s Literature
- A site devoted to award winning children's literature only. Books can be located by award, time setting, and genre.
- Fairrosa Cyber Library
- Features articles and reviews of children's literature. Includes a list of authors and illustrators.
- The Newbery Awards
- The Newbery is awarded annually by the American Library Association to the author of the most distinguished contribution to American literature for Children.
- Oprah’s Book Club Kids’ Reading List
- Oprah asked the experts to recommend some good books for children. Here's what they chose.
- Sites by Subject · Disabilities
- Information for children with special needs, including assistive and adaptive technology, advocacy groups, and travel.
- Children & Nature Network
- Encourages and supports people and organizations working nationally and internationally to reconnect children with nature. Provides information and links to nature clubs for families, programs & events, and the tool-kit Nature Rocks.
- Cincinnati and the Tristate · Education
- Find local early childhood education programs, public, private & independent schools, universities & colleges, vocational schools and organizations that offer educational programs.
- Government Resources · Education
- Find federal, state, and local websites on educational resources and information.
- Ohio Parent Information and Resource Center
- Information, resources and training to support parental involvement, educational success, family advocacy, and community collaboration.
- Sites by Subject · Education
- Directory to find information about homeschooling, colleges & financial aid, literacy, and Ohio Achievement Tests.
- Government Resources · Kids & Teens
- Government websites that provide information and resources for kids and teens.
- Sites by Subject · Kids
- Find websites targeted for kids.
- Information on family planning, stages of pregnancy, maternity health and diet, and parenting.
- Due Date Calculator
- An easy-to-use calculator to determine how far along the pregnancy is. Provided by the Mayo Clinic.
- What to Expect
- A companion site to the popular What to Expect When You're Expecting series of books. Includes information on all aspects of pregnancy, discussion groups, and blogs.
- Amber Alert Publications – America’s Missing
- Selection of special reports from the Department of Justice.
- Distracted Driving
- Find statistics, facts, news, state laws, research and more about the dangers of distracted driving from the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- An Internet online safety guide with suggestions for safety by age with tips for kids, teens and parents.
- Site for adults that offers rules, advice, and tips related to child and teen security and safety on the web.
- Talking with Kids About Tough Issues
- Offers information on issues such as AIDS, sex, violence, and drug abuse and encourages parents to discuss them with their children.
- Sites by Subject · Teens
- Find websites targeted for teens.
On this Page