- Search for article summaries, full text display and full image format in the ProQuest Direct database with an easy-to-use web format. ProQuest Direct includes ABI/INFORM Global, Periodical Abstracts Research II, Accounting & Tax, Banking Information Source, Computing, Telecommunications, and approximately 500 full text newspapers including the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal.
- Sites by Subject · Research Databases · Business & Finance
- Sites by Subject · Research Databases · Legal Forms
- Annual Reports Online
- Search or browse for recent company annual reports by name, ticker symbol, industry, or stock exchange.
- Cincinnati Department of Economic Development
- This web site provides information on businesses, financial institutions, demographics, and economic development in Cincinnati.
- Corporate Information
- Information on public and private companies, combined with industry information. Registration required to use site.
- A popular site for basic information on companies, large and small.
- Infospace’s Companies Online
- This site allows you to "find any company with an Internet presence and link to their web site instantly!"
- Minority-Owned and Woman-Owned Business Directory
- A directory of businesses owned by women and minorities which can be searched by company name, industry, and location.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- The Chamber's website highlights pro-business legislators. They also identify and promote legislation that supports the needs of the business community.
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- This web site features information about the SEC, information for assisting investors, making complaints, and searchable databases of EDGAR and other SEC-related documents. Includes a section on small business.
Current Awareness and Research Guides
- Biz Wiki – Ohio University Libraries
- Academic wiki resource guide devoted to current information about companies, marketing, industry, and international commerce.
- IPL2 – Starting a Small Business
- Overview on the basics of starting your own business.
- Advertising Age
- News about the marketing industry, as well as specific product/company information.
- American City Business Journals
- Links to the business newspapers in many U.S. cities including the Cincinnati Business Courier.
- Bureau of Economic Analysis
- This site contains data on "key national, international, and regional aspects of the U.S. economy." Includes an overview of the US economy based on key economic indicators complete with regional breakdowns. Includes state, county, and metropolitan-area data on GDP, income, and employment.
- County Business Patterns
- This site contains "an annual series providing economic profile of counties, states, and the United States. Data includes employment, payroll, and number of establishments by industry."
- Ohio Economic Development Association
- OEDA represents over 300 economic development professionals from across Ohio and works to advocate on behalf of economic development issues. Provides on-going professional development training, materials and resources, networking opportunities, and workforce development.
- Treasury Direct
- This site keeps track of the U.S. Government's public debt, to the penny, updated every business day. It also includes information on U.S. Treasury bills, notes, bonds, and other government issues.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- This web site includes up-to-the second projections of the current population of both the U.S. and the world as well as a variety of tools for viewing and manipulating data from the 2000 census.
- Information for companies new to exporting outside the U.S. Includes: step-by-step guide to exporting, individual country reports, and reviews of other export-oriented websites.
- globalEDGE – International business resource desk
- International business tools and information listed by country or trade topic. From the Michigan State University College of Business.
- Sixty free sample business plans and useful examples for new businesses.
- Business Funding
- Although grant money for business enterprises is generally unavailable , this Foundation Center Knowledge Base article provides helpful links to websites discussing low-interest loans and other types of assistance.
- Business USA
- Comprehensive Federal Government web portal for small business owners that includes links to financial help, government contract opportunities, exporting advice, and easy to understand guides to federal regulations.
- Cincinnati and the Tristate · Small Business Resources
- Use this directory for local resources.
- Home Based Biz
- Tips and advice on starting a business from home, equipping your office, getting organized and more.
- Information, products, services, and online tools drawn from a wide variety of sources are provided for virtually every business and management task.
- Office of Women's Business Ownership (Small Business Administration)
- Small Business Administration site dedicated to women entrepreneurs. Includes a nationwide directory of Women's Business Centers.
- Ohio 1st Stop Business Connection
- Ohio Department of Development site for new businesses. Includes an easy to use online form allowing you to create a customized business information kit containing Ohio regulations, licensing requirements and forms specific to your business.
- SCORE Association (Service Corps of Retired Executives)
- This site offers e-mail counseling and a host of other services, such as links to possible funding sources.
- Small and Home-Based Business Links
- This site contains a collection of links to other small business resources.
- Small Business Administration
- Good general information on government programs and services for the small business owner.
- Small Business Advancement National Center
- Research institute web site contains many links of interest to small businesses, including full-text journal articles and very good sites on business financing.
- Small Business Advisor
- Articles and information for those wishing to start a small business or those who already have.
- Small Business and Self-Employed Tax Center
- Tax information for the small business person from the US Department of the Treasury.
- Small Business Page (Wall Street Journal)
- Nicely laid out web page containing full-text news articles, franchise opportunities, business plan basics, e-mail alerts, financing tips, etc.
- Sites by Subject · Taxes
- Directory of tax information and resources.
On this Page