Respond Through Art
Read, Reflect, Relate—Respond! Part of this year's On the Same Page program is a special community art project. Show your response to the issues raised by The Submission by joining this group project at your nearest library.
How to Participate
Pick up a paper tile at your nearest library location any time during February and March.
Fill it with your original artwork, photography, or word art as your response to this year's On the Same Page book, The Submission, by Amy Waldman.
- Reflect on how 9/11 has changed our lives and our community
- Design a 9/11 memorial for your neighborhood
- Remember a local hero or victim of 9/11
- Respond to the issues that touched you in the book
- Showcase the relevance of those issues for our community
Return your completed tile to your library. Your art will become part of a neighborhood display at all library locations. Entries will be anonymous and will not be returned. Content must be appropriate for exhibition in the library. Selected tiles will be featured on the library's Flickr page.