Knowledge is power! These library resources can help you learn a new skill today!
Universal Class homepage
- Universal Class*
- Access over 500 online continuing education classes on subjects such as cooking, crafts and hobbies, financial management, home and garden, pet care, and writing. The self-paced, non-credit personal and professional development classes are led by real instructors who will give you continuous feedback on your progress. You’ll need a library card to use this resource from home.
- This award-winning library of video tutorials is designed to support learners who want to gain specific software, technology, creative, or business skills. Tutorials include 3D and animation, CAD training, design, and programming.
- Learning Express Library*
- Take your computer skills to the next level with these interactive tutorial courses. Topics include: Adobe Dreamweaver/Flash/Illustrator, Micosoft Access/Excel/PowerPoint/Publisher, and Windows/Mac Operating Systems. Videos and screencasts make learning easy while quizzes help assess your progress.
- Mango Languages*
- Learn a foreign language from the comfort of home! The Mango Languages online language instruction program is focused on practical, common conversation skills and includes instruction on vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, and culture.
- Signing Savvy*
- Use this unique online resource and reference tool to increase your vocabulary or improve your everyday American Sign Language signing skills.
*You’ll need your library card number and PIN to use this resource from home.