Looking for a title that isn’t in our catalog? Use our Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL) to borrow materials or resources from another library system. Requests to borrow material can be handled in two ways:
- Place your request in person or by phone with library staff
- Use the WorldCat database to submit your request electronically. When you locate the title in the database, use the ILL button () to generate the request form.
Interlibrary Loan Guidelines
- You must have a valid library card.
- A $5.00 fee per title will be charged. This fee must be paid when you pick up your ILL material. If you do not pick up the material, the fee will be charged to your library card.
- It usually takes between 2 to 4 weeks to receive material from other libraries. You will be notified by phone or email when your item is available.
- Photocopies of individual magazine or newspaper articles are available through ILL. Some libraries charge a fee for these photocopies. When placing your request, you will be asked to provide the maximum cost you are willing to pay. Typically, $10.00–$15.00 will cover most charges.
- The maximum number of items that can be requested via ILL at any one time is 25.
- Software, feature films, and titles already in our collection may not be borrowed through ILL.
- Nonfeature videocassettes and DVDs can be borrowed for 7 days. All other material can be borrowed for 21 days. Items obtained through Interlibrary Loan cannot be renewed.
- Overdue charges are $2.00 per day for nonfeature videocassettes and DVDs. Overdue charges for all other material are 20¢ a day.
- Replacement fees will be billed to your account for long overdue items.
Questions about the status of your request? Contact Interlibrary Loan staff by phone (513-369-3120) or email.