Library service to the Covedale community began when the Overlook Branch opened in a storefront on Relleum Avenue on November 25, 1935. The branch later relocated to a former post office on Heuwerth Avenue in August of 1973. The current branch is a former bank in the center of the Covedale shopping district remodeled into a state-of-the-art library facility. When it opened on January 9, 1998, it was renamed the Covedale Branch to more closely identify it with the neighborhood. Muted contemporary colors throughout and a skylight and painted clouds on the ceiling of the lower level add to the branch’s inviting atmosphere.