We're open with COVID-safe protocols. Or, try our drive-thru and curbside service.

About the Elmwood Place Branch

About the

Elmwood Place Branch

About the

Elmwood Place Branch

Library service to Elmwood Place began in 1899, when a deposit station opened in a drugstore, and ten years later, moved to a plumbing shop. A full-scale branch library opened in the Elmwood Place Town Hall in 1911. The Elmwood Place Branch Library has twice been forced to close temporarily: in 1931, when a fire destroyed the Town Hall roof; and 1974, when tornado damage caused the building to be razed. Service resumed in 1977, when the Elmwood Place Branch Library was rebuilt.

 

 

Back to Top