We're open with COVID-safe protocols. Or, try our drive-thru and curbside service.

About the Mt. Washington Branch

About the

Mt. Washington Branch

About the

Mt. Washington Branch

The origins of the Mt. Washington Branch Library date to 1899, when a delivery station was established at Maude Clark’s Dry Goods Store. In 1912, a deposit station was placed in another store, and, over the next forty years, this small collection moved to various locations in the area. The post-war population boom necessitated a permanent library facility. On January 6, 1958, the Mt. Washington Branch Library, designed by architects Harry Hake and Harry Hake Jr., opened to the public on land formerly occupied by the Mt. Washington School. The Anderson Township Library Association plays an important role in supporting the services and resources of the Mt. Washington Branch Library.

 

 

Back to Top