From 1899 to 1916 (when a full-fledged branch opened in the Town Hall), library services were offered in St. Bernard through a delivery station in a grocery store. In 1918 the St. Bernard Branch moved from the Town Hall to the high school, where it remained for the next fifty-two years. In January 1970, the branch moved into the St. Bernard Municipal Center. In 2015, the rental property was replaced by a new 8,000 square-foot facility boasting innovative features and services. The Grand Opening for the new St. Bernard Branch Library was held on June 22, 2015.