We're open with COVID-safe protocols. Or, try our drive-thru and curbside service.

About the West End Branch

About the

West End Branch

About the

West End Branch

Library service began in the West End in 1908, when the Dayton Street Branch opened its doors. Over the years, the library has been in a variety of locations, including a room in a public school and a small station in the Lincoln Laurel Housing Project. In 1961, the current location, a one-story brick and concrete building, designed by the architectural firm of Glaser and Meyer, opened as the Lincoln Park Branch. In 2001, the branch was renamed the West End Branch Library to better reflect the community it serves.

 

 

Back to Top