Updated 1:22 p.m. on June 12, 2020
Written by Kathy Taylor, Regional Manager, Downtown Main Library
Between now and the middle of July, the Library is phasing services back in, with new locations being added each week. Our goal is to be providing services at all locations by mid-July. The exception is Price Hill, as that location is currently closed through the end of 2020 for a major renovation and expansion project. We’ll use this space to keep you up to date on what is going on. We are excited to see you again!
Hours of Service
Beginning June 15, all open locations will be operating from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
All locations are accepting returns through their book drops, except Greenhills and Price Hill. Materials are being quarantined for 3 days before being checked-in, so it will be a few days before you see any changes reflected on your account.
Curbside service is available at these locations: Anderson, Blue Ash, Clifton, Delhi, Green Township, Hyde Park, Loveland, North Central, Oakley, Sharonville, Symmes Township, Walnut Hills, and Wyoming
Scheduled appointments are not required for curbside service, but calling ahead will make the process more efficient for you, especially if you need to do something other than pick up a hold.
When you arrive at your location for curbside pick-up, look for the curbside service sign, park, and call the branch at the number on the sign.
Drive-thrus are at these locations: Anderson, Covedale, Groesbeck, Harrison, Reading, and the Downtown Main Library
Scheduled appointments are not required for drive-thru service, but calling ahead will make the process more efficient for you, especially for curbside service, or if you need to do something other than pick up a hold. Find phone numbers for all branches on this web page.
If you would like to borrow an item from the library, search our catalog, opens a new window, find the item you want, place a hold on it, and choose which location you’d like to pick up the item from. Or you can call us, and we’ll place the hold for you.
When the item is ready, you will receive an email notice. You can pick it up anytime between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m., Monday through Saturday. If you’d like, you can call the location and schedule a time for pick-up.
- June 15: Downtown Main Library – 1st floor only, with limited use and capacity
- June 22: Avondale, College Hill, St. Bernard, Mariemont, Monfort Heights
- June 29: Forest Park, Madisonville, Pleasant Ridge, Westwood, West End
- July 6: Anderson, Blue Ash, Covedale, Green Township, Groesbeck, Harrison, Loveland, Madeira, Mt. Washington, Symmes
- July 13: Bond Hill, Cheviot, Clifton, Corryville, Deer Park, Delhi, Miami Township, Northside, Norwood, Reading, Sharonville
- July 20: Hyde Park, Oakley, Walnut Hills, Wyoming
- To be determined: Elmwood Place, Greenhills, Mt. Healthy, are very small spaces and we are working out the logistics for how we can achieve physical distancing in those spaces. North Central is receiving a new HVAC system, and will reopen when that work is complete. Price Hill remains closed until reopening of new/expanded location. Staff who typically work at these locations are temporarily reassigned to locations that are open.
In-person services will initially focus on two types of service, and be limited to stays of no more than one hour:
- Browsing for materials: Find books, CDs, DVDs and more to borrow and take home
- Technology access & support: Access to computers, printers, and fax machines
When you come visit us, we’ll be happy to see you! You will notice, though, that our spaces and procedures look different from before as we have put measures in place to comply with the Governor’s Responsible ReStart Ohio Plan, opens a new window. We expect all staff and community members to stay at least 6 feet apart. Staff are required to wear face coverings, and customers are encouraged, but not required, to do so. Learn more about what to expect in this blog post from our director, Paula Brehm-Heeger, opens a new window.
We’re Here for You Online and on the Phone
- Our eBranch, opens a new window is always open, and we are continuing to provide events like storytimes online on a regular basis. Check our calendar, opens a new window for more information.
- Call, email or chat, opens a new window with us seven days a week for help with job searching, finding trusted health information, getting assistance with a library resource, and more.
For the latest Library service updates and resources, please visit our COVID-19 resource page, opens a new window.