Written by Lisa Mauch, Content Specialist, Downtown Main Library
Update on 9/27/21: Test kits are being stocked as frequently as possible at our drive-thru locations (see locations below). Additional shipments will be arriving in the coming weeks.
As the Cincinnati & Hamilton County Public Library continues to partner with UC Health and The Health Collaborative to provide locations for on-site COVID testing, we realize that our customers may not be able to find a day or location that’s convenient for them. And if you or someone you love need a COVID test for work, school, travel, time is of the essence.
This is why the Ohio Library Council, opens a new window is partnering with the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) to provide free Abbott BinaxNOW at-home COVID-19 test kits, along with eMed telehealth sessions* that are part of the testing process of the kit, opens a new window. These tests provide 15-minute results. The partnership goal is widespread accessibility of free testing throughout Ohio. To date, at least 90 Ohio public libraries are partnering with this initiative, and our Library has joined the effort.
Customers can pick up free at-home tests from select branch drive-thru windows:
- Anderson Branch drive-thru
- Covedale Branch drive-thru
- Delhi Township drive-thru
- Downtown Main Library drive-thru
- Groesbeck Branch drive-thru
- Harrison Branch drive-thru
- Reading Branch drive-thru
- Symmes Township drive-thru
- These test kits are only available at the drive-thru Library locations listed above.
- These test kits are high in demand. Please check availability before visiting a branch library for pickup.
- Our COVID-19 tests are meant for individual household use.
- The Cincinnati USA Chamber of Commerce helps small businesses with COVID testing. Please contact Kamaria Walton via their website, opens a new window.
“This is a great help with the unknown in lessening stress levels that we cannot do on our own. It will help with some added knowledge and a little more peace of mind personally. Thanks for doing this,” said customer Kathy L.
*Customers need a device with a camera and microphone in order to access a telehealth appointment and complete the test.
Learn More About the COVID Test Kits
Customer questions specifically about the testing process can be answered by calling eMed Customer Support at 844-943-0061.
Learn more about how the testing process works:
Find fact-based information about COVID-19 vaccines, links to help schedule your vaccine appointment, and links to on-site COVID testing locations on our vaccine page.