Thank you for being so supportive during this unprecedented situation. While our buildings are closed to the public, we are working diligently to find ways to deliver services to the community.
Help Friends & Family Get a Library Card
We launched a streamlined library card application, that only allows for the Downloadable card, opens a new window.
The Downloadable card is now available for all ages, and we’re relaxing ID verification so that the card can quickly be moved from temporary status. Once we are back to offering some type of in-person services, we will follow-up with you to verify addresses and update your card type should you so choose.
- This only applies to new cards
- If you already have a card, continue to use it
- If you have a temporary number now, you can call 369-6900 and staff will assist getting you a permanent number
New Holds on Physical Materials
In order to allow us to efficiently process the over 11,000 holds on physical materials we currently have, we will be suspending the ability to place new holds on physical items beginning Thursday, March 26 at 9 a.m. which will be in effect until further notice.
- Your current holds will not be affected and you will not lose your place in line
- Holds that are currently on the holds shelves will have their pickup dates extended while we are closed. No one will lose their hold because our doors are closed temporarily due to the COVID-19 pandemic
We are updating our blog daily with new resources and information to help you cope with a range of challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Subscribe to our blog, opens a new window to receive a notification when a new post is live, and subscribe to our YouTube channel, opens a new window for resources like virtual storytimes, opens a new window.
For the latest Library service updates, please visit our Library Restart page.