With back-to-school fast approaching, teachers and administrators are working hard to come up with the best solutions in a time where nothing is certain. (Thanks, coronavirus!) Whether you’re starting fall semester masked up, from a distance, or a combo, there is one thing that is certain: the Library is here for you.
Our Library serves teachers in 22 different school districts, as well as those in private and parochial schools, and we ♥ all of you. That’s why, from August 10 –15, we’re spotlighting ways the Library can make your teaching job easier, wherever that may be happening this year.
Educator Card: Not Your Average Library Card
There's so much you can do with a Library Educator Card and we’re here to show you the ropes, one on one. Did you know that with an educator card you can check out up to 200 items at a time, and that we can compile themed resources (print or digital) to align with your curriculum? And, that we’ll deliver these to your school? We’ll go over the perks and discuss how the school collections process works. We’ll wrap up the 15-minute session by helping you sign up for an Educator Card. You can sign up for a session today on our website.
Virtual Library Resources for Teachers: Virtual Information Session
Attend a virtual information session to find out about eBooks, on-demand content, virtual class visits, research databases, free online professional development, and other Library resources you can use to enhance teaching and learning.
Reserve your spot in a free upcoming session:
- Monday, Aug. 10, 2 p.m, opens a new window.
- Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2 p.m., opens a new window
- Friday, Aug. 14, 2 p.m., opens a new window
DIY Your Own Classroom Solutions at MakerSpace
You can sign up today for an in-person appointment at Makerspace, at our Downtown Main Library. Our staff will help you prepare banners, buttons, signs, and more for your classroom. Special appointments for teachers will be available on Saturday, August 15, between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
Information to Share with Parents & Caregivers
Help parents and caregivers start the year off right by sharing these resources:
- This video , opens a new windowis full of tips for parents about strategies for supporting learning from home.
- Explore all the ways Homework HelpNow can help your child or teen succeed. Start with this video, opens a new window and then log into the site, opens a new window with your library card to explore.
- Check out the 18-video series on our streaming service, Kanopy, opens a new window, called "How to Become a SuperStar Student". While most videos are aimed at teens, there are some for parents about helping with homework and communicating with teachers.
- Have older kids? Familiarize yourself with our research databases, opens a new window they can use for school assignments.
Branch Libraries: Your Go-To Neighborhood Resource
We have 41 locations throughout the county to serve you! All our locations have a Children’s Librarian who are eager to work with teachers to help students have a successful year, and most of our locations have a Teen Services Librarian as well. Connect with them to support you and your students year-round. Visit our website , opens a new windowto find a location nearest you.
For the latest Library service updates and resources, please visit our COVID-19 resource page, opens a new window.