Written by Holbrook Sample, Chief Technology & Logistics Officer
In August, we brought you a new and improved website, opens a new window with a contemporary design, better search functionality, and lots of bells and whistles to help you explore without limits.
Now, we’re excited to bring you a new and improved library app. The new app is free to download on iOS and Android. Appy New Year!
If you liked the old app, you’re going to love the new one. The look and feel of the new app goes right along with our new website. Download it now and check out all the features. It’s all built for you – our special customer.
- The app’s main screen lets you know when items are overdue, due soon, or ready to pick up, as well as any fees owed.
- Below that, on the main screen, are carousels of books, audiobooks, movies, and TV shows that are new to the Library.
- Next up are events at your home library location.
- The app defaults to your home library location, but you can change the settings for any location you prefer or even multiple locations. (You may also change this setting on our website, under Holds and Pickup Location.)
- Any shelves you’ve created in your account on the Library website also appear on your shelves on the app.
- Available new materials are in lists, followed by recently created staff recommendation lists.
- The new app updates in real-time, using the login credentials you created on the website. No more delays in important messaging because everything updates from one spot.
- The app showcases the most important information — like holds, returns, and even displays your digital library card — right on the app’s landing page. The main navigation of the app is at the bottom; “My Borrowing,” catalog search, shelves, and locations are always accessible.
Our new app replaces the current library app which is no longer supported. In addition, this app is not a replacement for our other digital borrowing apps, opens a new window like Libby, Hoopla, and Kanopy.
Have questions about navigating the new app? Ask A Librarian, opens a new window via phone, email, chat, or in a one-on-one appointment.