Cincinnati and Hamilton County is having one snowy winter! If you’re snowed in and can’t make it to your neighborhood branch, never fear. So much of what the Library has to offer is accessible from the comfort of your home, all you need is a library card.
Let us count the ways:
Download an eBook or an eAudiobook from Overdrive or through the Libby app, Hoopla, Freading, and more. Don’t know which book to read next? Get customized reading suggestions from our staff via Book Hookup.
- Load the Kanopy app on your TV so you're always prepared to watch a comedy, documentary, or learn something new through the Great Courses series.
- Dive into local history by browsing high-resolution photos and other rare print materials in our Digital Library.
- Attend a virtual event from any of our branches —great for all ages. Sign up through our events calendar.
- Tune into one of our special Black History Month Storytime-at-Home videos on our YouTube channel.
- Download the new CHPL app and add books to your "For Later Shelf" so you'll be ready for the next snow day. Need a little tech help? Our librarians can walk you through the process.
- Start creating a family tree with our free home access to Ancestry.com and other sites through our Genealogy & Local History department.
- Explore our many research databases – you can even search through old issues of The Cincinnati Enquirer on ProQuest and read about the last time we got this much snow.
- Subscribe to a Library podcast. From “Inside the Writer’s Head” with our Writer-in-Residence Dani McClain to the West End Stories Project, we have several to enjoy from the comfort of your favorite chair.
- Catch up on what’s going on at the Library by reading our blog.
- Begin learning a new language with Transparent Language. There are more than 100 languages to choose from.
- Pick up some new art techniques with Creative Bug. It has thousands of video tutorials for all kinds of DIY projects.
As long as you're doing all of these activities, you might as well sign up for our Winter Checkout Challenge and earn chances to win awesome prizes just by using the Library. You can get started online right away.
- Download an eBook or an eAudiobook from Overdrive or through the Libby app, Hoopla, Freading, and more. Don’t know which book to read next? Get customized reading suggestions from our staff via Book Hookup.
Don't have a library card? Sign up for a Downloadable Only Card and get instant access to our digital materials. Our Social Media Coordinator Austin Winters shows you how to sign up in this helpful video.