The Library can help introduce great books to your students by preparing collections of materials relevant to your curriculum. This free service helps you save time and enhances your lesson plans.
With two weeks notice, our Outreach Services department staff will prepare a collection of titles (books, audiobooks, or eBooks) for your classroom.
How To Participate in Teacher Collections
To take advantage of this service, you need an Educator Card, a special library card with unique borrowing privileges.
- Collections may include up to 50 books. A total of 200 items are allowed to be checked out at a time per educator card. We may have to limit the number of books sent on some hot topics due to their popularity among teachers. Please provide two weeks notice for changes and special requests.
- Teachers may request the following materials:
- Nonfiction books for classroom research. Our staff will choose up-to-date books at the proper reading level.
- Picture books for classroom story times. Teachers may request subjects, seasonal topics, specific authors, or let us choose.
- Books for students to read. We have lots of leveled readers, early chapter books, juvenile fiction and juvenile nonfiction.
- Multiple copies for classroom sets
- Lists of specific titles
- Accelerated readers. Teachers can supply us with the school’s list or a link to the website the school is using and we will deliver titles on the list at the specified reading levels.
- Audiobooks and Playaway View
Pickup and Delivery
Teacher collections may be picked up at the branch of your choice, downloaded, or, if eligible, delivered.
Any school or daycare in Hamilton County, Ohio, is eligible to participate in the teacher collection delivery service if at least five teachers request deliveries. In order to participate in the teacher collection service, a teacher must first obtain an Educator card.
Once five teachers have requested the teacher collection delivery service, the school will be placed on one of 14 delivery routes. Eight deliveries are scheduled each school year, with a final visit to pick up materials at the end of the school year. You can find the delivery dates for your route by filling out the form that corresponds to your school. Our collections are delivered by a courier service. Returning collections should be placed in a centralized area for pick up by 9 a.m. on the delivery date.
Branch and Downtown Main Library Teacher Collection Pickup forms
- Request forms are specific to the route the school is on and list the delivery dates.
Please note the following deadlines:
- All requests for collections must be completed and turned in with at least one week's notice before we can schedule a delivery.
- New schools may sign up throughout the year but no later than January for the current school year. Summer deliveries can also be arranged.
- Teachers may start handing in requests for the next school year as early as April.
- Schools that are interested but cannot yet get five teachers to sign up may still get collections from their closest branch library but no delivery will be made until five teachers are on board.