The Library can help introduce great books to your students by preparing collections of materials relevant to your curriculum. This free service helps you save time and enhances your lesson plans.
With two weeks notice, our Outreach Services department staff will prepare a collection of titles (books, audiobooks, or eBooks) for your classroom.
How To Participate in Teacher Collections
To take advantage of this service, you need an Educator Card, a special library card with unique borrowing privileges.
- Collections may include up to 50 books. A total of 200 items are allowed to be checked out at a time per educator card. We may have to limit the number of books sent on some hot topics due to their popularity among teachers. Please provide two weeks notice for changes and special requests.
- Teachers may request the following materials:
- Nonfiction books for classroom research. Our staff will choose up-to-date books at the proper reading level.
- Picture books for classroom story times. Teachers may request subjects, seasonal topics, specific authors, or let us choose.
- Books for students to read. We have lots of leveled readers, early chapter books, juvenile fiction and juvenile nonfiction.
- Multiple copies for classroom sets
- Lists of specific titles
- Accelerated readers. Teachers can supply us with the school’s list or a link to the website the school is using and we will deliver titles on the list at the specified reading levels.
- Audiobooks and Playaway View
Pickup and Delivery
Teacher collections may be picked up at the branch of your choice.
Any daycare or school in Hamilton County, Ohio is eligible to apply for the Delivered Teacher Collections Service.
A minimum of five teachers are required for schools to qualify for the Delivered Teacher Collection Service. Schools have until December 1st of the current school year to get the necessary participants so that they can receive monthly deliveries. Schools that do not meet the minimum of 5 teachers before this deadline can pick up monthly teacher collections at their closest library branch.
As schools qualify for the delivery service they will be placed on one of 14 delivery routes. There are seven scheduled deliveries each school year with a final pick up in May. Our collections are delivered by a courier service so returning collections need to placed in a centralized area for pick up by 9 a.m. on the delivery date.
If you have questions or need additional information please call Outreach Services 369-6963.
Branch and Downtown Main Library Teacher Collection Pickup forms
- Request forms are specific to the route the school is on and list the delivery dates.
- Online form: Access our online forms by clicking the buttons below.
Please note the following deadlines:
- Teachers may start filling out the online Delivered Teacher Collection forms for the new school year as early as June.
- Schools that are interested, but cannot qualify five teachers to sign up may still get collections from their closest library branch.
- Schools must get the minimum of 5 teachers by December 1st in order to qualify for Delivered Teacher Collections for the current school year.
- All requests for collections must be completed with at least two weeks notice.