Status: Construction in progress
Estimated completion: Early 2022
Facility Master Plan category: Big Next Generation Library
Planning zone: Central (PDF format)
Estimated investment (approximate): $11.6 - 12.3 million
While the building is closed for construction, please visit the branch's temporary location at 961 E. McMillan Street.
Construction on the Walnut Hills branch library is underway! Check this page often for project updates.
Plans for the new space include:
- Doubling the branch library's size to approximately 20,000 square feet.
- Upgrading to full accessibility for all public service areas.
- Adding seven small- and medium-sized meeting/study rooms and one larger community room.
- Restoring the large theater on the lower level for use with a 99-person capacity.
- Upgrading the facility to Big Next Generation Library size, with a full range of traditional and contemporary library spaces and services.
- Maintaining historic elements from the original Carnegie Library building, opens a new window.
- Adding more parking.
Find more information about this project in the Central Planning Zone, opens a new window Facility Master Plan document.
- Walnut Hills Listening Session Summary - March 19, 2019
- Walnut Hills Community Presentation, opens a new window - September 30, 2020