The recording booth is unavailable at this time due to coronavirus precautions.
Anyone can make audio recordings in our easy-to-use recording booth. Whether it's recording a song, playing a musical instrument, creating a commercial, or recording a podcast, our equipment makes creating audio tracks simple and fun.
- Audio recording interface
- 2M microphones for vocal/acoustic instrument recording
- Cables for electric instrument recording
- Single-track or multi-track recordings available (multi-tracking dependent on time allotted)
- Audio effects for a more professional and customizable sound for your recording
- Fade in/out
- Distortion, overdrive, and more
- Multiple save formats available (MP3, WAV, etc.)
- Final product can be burned to a CD or saved to a flash drive, so you can take your finished recording with you the same day
- Software used: Adobe Audition
What You'll Need
Use of the audio recording station is free. Bring your voice and/or instrument and a recordable media such as a blank CD, DVD, or a flash drive. The Library sells blank CDs and flash drives. As of July 30, 2020, the cost of CDs is $0.25 per CD and the cost of a flash drive is $5.00 for an 8GB flash drive.
To use the booth to its fullest potential, we suggest customers bring their own headphones, check out headphones from the MakerSpace, or purchase earbuds from the MakerSpace. A photo ID is required to use the Recording Booth.