Our UV Printer takes creating to a whole new level. You can print directly on a variety of materials including paper, foam board, wood, glass, aluminum, many types of plastics, and much more! Signage, plaques, phone cases, and keys are just some of the items you can customize through UV printing. If you bring your own material you are only charged for ink usage. Please note, the UV printer cannot print on fabric.
The Roland VersaWorks software that controls the UV printer can help you crop, scale, flip, and multiply your prints. Still, it’s best to have your design ready when you arrive. Photoshop, Illustrator, and even Microsoft Office products can be used to create designs as long as the file is saved as a PDF. Using Adobe Illustrator and the Roland VersaWorks swatch (available in the MakerSpace), you can make your project really pop by adding a layer of gloss.
- The UV printer bed size accommodates projects up to 3.94 inches thick and 29 x 12 inches wide
- ECO-UV inks in CMYK, white and gloss (for added protection and shine)
- Dedicated print heads for white and gloss inks speed up production
- Materials available for purchase: 8-x-10-inch foam core backing boards ($2 each), 5-x-7-inch wood pieces ($1.50 each)
What You’ll Need
You’ll need a design saved as a PDF. A staff member is required to prepare the machine for you.
- 1-5cc* — $2.50
- 5-10cc — $5
- 10-15 cc — $7.50.
- For each additional increment of 5cc used, you are charged another $2.50 per foot.
*Most projects are in the 1-5 cc range. Price includes failed prints due to design error and/or prints that do not complete before a reservation expires.
Reserve the vinyl printer/cutter. Please note:
- Customers are permitted one 120-minute session per day.
- There is a 10-minute grace period before reservations are automatically cancelled.
- The computer shuts off and the printer stops printing when a session expires.
- Reservations can be made up to six weeks in advance.
Don’t have a reservation? Ask a staff member in the MakerSpace to add your name to the standby list. If an appointment is missed or extra time is available at the end of another customer’s session, you may be able to use the printer. The standby list is only available in person. You must be present if/when availability opens up.