Parent and Educator Resources
Whether you are teaching youth in a classroom or at home, in-person or online, these resources can support you in your efforts to develop youth learning, engagement, and resilience.
- Chatter Pix Kids: All grades; free app for iOS and Android. Give your photos a voice!
- Smithsonian Learning Lab: Discover, Create, Share: Easily accessible, customizable, and shareable open-ended educational resources.
- SCRATCH Jr.: All grades; free app for iPad and Android. Learning to code, fun, and hands-on.
- Tynker Junior: Ages 5-7; free app for iOS. Learn to code through play; geared for pre-readers.
- LightBot: Code Hour: ages 8 and up; free app for iOS. A programming puzzle game. Kids can play, have fun, and learn real programming logic.
- Hour of Code: Free and fun courses and activities for children to learn coding at home.