For teens, check out these apps and websites for summer learning fun, wherever you are. The American Academy of Pediatrics provides tips that can help you teach your child to build healthy relationships with technology and media as they engage and learn online.
- Chatter Pix Kids: All grades; free app for iOS and Android. Give your photos a voice!
- Smithsonian Learning Lab: Discover, Create, Share: Easily accessible, customizable, and shareable open-ended educational resources.
- SCRATCH Jr.: All grades; free app for iPad and Android. Learning to code, fun, and hands-on.
- Tynker Junior: Ages 5-7; free app for iOS. Learn to code through play; geared for pre-readers.
- LightBot: Code Hour: ages 8 and up; free app for iOS. A programming puzzle game. Kids can play, have fun, and learn real programming logic.
- Hour of Code: Free and fun courses and activities for children to learn coding at home.