What is HelpNow?
HelpNow, opens a new window is a comprehensive suite of online academic services designed to support many learning needs and styles.
What services does HelpNow offer?
HelpNow, opens a new window provides unique services for each of the three main sources of learning—expert instruction, peer-to-peer collaboration, and self-study.
Expert Help Services
- Live Help. Enter our online classroom and receive live, online homework help from a Brainfuse tutor. Expert writing assistance is also available.
Skills Building. Master an academic concept through expert tutoring and state-aligned online lessons, Skills Building is designed for a variety of age groups and academic needs.
- 24/7 Center. Submit a homework question and a tutor will provide you with a response (usually within 24 hours).
Language Lab. Expert homework assistance and support for students who are learning a foreign language. Tutoring is currently offered for Spanish; however, resources for learning other languages are forthcoming.
- Writing Lab. For a more thorough analysis than the assistance offered via Live Help. Approximately 24 hours after submitting your work, you will receive a detailed analysis of your paper in your message center inbox. Our writing experts will focus their analysis on voice, word choice, sentence fluency, and organization.
- Live help for the FAFSA. Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) tutors are available to help students and parents with completing the FAFSA. Tutors can assist users at any stage of the application. FAFSA help is available Monday - Thursday from 2 - 11 p.m.
- Test Center. Take practice standardized tests (SAT, ACT, GED, etc.) and subject-specific tests, like math and science. Get results instantly and, if you choose, share your results with one of our tutors for a targeted skills building session.
- Flashbulb. Enjoy 24/7 access to an extensive library of online flashcard sets in hundreds of subjects. Create your own flashcards and multiple choice quizzes for self-study on computers and mobile devices.
- MEET. Use MEET to schedule online meetings with your friends in the Brainfuse classroom so you can study for tests, work on homework assignments, or collaborate on projects.
- Brainwave. Brainwaves are ideal for recording solutions to homework problems, note-taking, class projects, or any other concepts that involve motion or sequencing. Create a Brainwave or search our Brainwave archive.