The Library’s Board of Trustees has the principal responsibility for fulfillment of the Library’s mission and accountability for its operations, including appointing the Library's Eva Jane Romaine Coombe Director.
The Board of Trustees consists of seven members. Four of the Board members are appointed by the Hamilton County Board of Commissioners, opens a new window and three by the judges of the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas, opens a new window. Board members are appointed for a term of seven years, the term of one Trustee expiring each year.
The Board of Trustees meets on the second Tuesday every other month. At its annual December meeting, the Board organizes for the ensuing year and elects a President, Vice President, Secretary and appoints a Fiscal Officer. Board of Trustees members do not receive compensation or benefits for their service on the Board.
2021 Board Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, February 9, 4:30 p.m. (Virtual), opens a new window
- Tuesday, April 20, 5:30 p.m. (Virtual, opens a new window)
- Tuesday, June 8, 9:30 a.m. (Virtual, opens a new window)
- Tuesday, August 10, 4:30 p.m. (Price Hill Branch)
- Tuesday, October 12, 4:30 p.m. (Symmes Township Branch)
- Tuesday, December 14 (Annual and Regular), 4:30 p.m. (Deer Park Branch)
2022 Board Meeting Dates
- Tuesday, February 15, 2022 – Anderson Branch **
- Tuesday, April 12, 2022 - Main Library, Board Room
- Tuesday, June 14, 2022 – Green Township Branch
- Tuesday August 9, 2022 - Main Library, Board Room
- Tuesday, October 11, 2022 – Walnut Hills Branch
- Tuesday, December 13, 2022 (Annual and Regular) - Main Library, Board Room
All meetings begin at 4:30 at locations as listed above unless otherwise specifically noted
**This meeting is occurring on the 3rd Tuesday rather than the 2nd Tuesday of the month
Members of the public interested in attending board meetings are encouraged to review our Public Participation Policy prior to the meeting. Meetings can be watched on the Waycross Community Media website.
Meet the Trustees
- Diane Cunningham Redden, President
- Karen R. Clemons, Vice President
- Nadine L. Allen, Retired Judge, Secretary
- Christopher A. Harding
- Robert G. Hendon
- Monica Donath Kohnen
- Gregory W. Olson
Board & Committee Meeting Documents
Board of Trustee reports and meeting information is available online at BoardDocs.
Board Meeting Minutes
Trustees since 1867
Read our complete list of trustees since our inception.